Web and Social Media
John Wiley and Sons
Manager of Digital Books
- Responsible for managing all aspects of digital book production covering e-books, o-books, short-form content and enhanced/interactive e-books, including development and maintenance of product specifications and QC processes, budget and workflow management and reporting, and research and implementation of new technology to support global P/T digital book publishing.
- Manage performance of vendors to support publishing operations and research/recruit new ones as needed to support evolving technology and new product innovation and integration.
- Provide regular reporting, and develop documents and manage implementation of best practices internally and externally, among staff, vendors, and other service providers to ensure efficient, cost-effective delivery of consistently high-quality products.
Unite For Literacy
Director of Design Technology
(A mission driven company)
- Manage advanced technology development and creative research projects
- Design and construct presentations using Flash and Photoshop
- Clarify interactive web design and Build 2.0 technologies for use in international literacy initiatives and education.
- Facilitate online communications with consultants
Project Manager/ Interactive Designer
(An educational software company)
- Author videos, flash, and dynamic web related content
- Manage methods of 2.0 media development and inter-company related media technology including coordinating and streamlining the design of interactive projects
- Contribute to product design and presentations
Bite Sized Candy New York, NY
- Develop iPhone/ iPad Applications for Outside Magazine and Maxim Magazine
- Translate files from Quark and inDesign to XHTML
LitLife New York, NY
Media Designer/ Educational Consultant
(An educational literacy company)
- Composed digital educational materials,
- Produced, designed, and wrote e-books, directed pod casts
- Generated content for their social networking interfaces, websites, and videos.
The International School of Art, Business, and Technology
(A nonprofit international education organization)
- Manage staff, budget, technology, and educational research projects.
- Facilitate international educational program growth
- Strategize and collaborate with officials in Ghana to maximize our program impact
Studio Thurston---Freelance Designer
New Media Designer
(Interactive, Web, Flash, Image Editing, and Graphic Design)
Entrepreneurial creative design studio utilizing multiple graphic, web, photographic, interactive, and print design methodologies. Clients have included the United Nations, the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco and Women in Progress in Ghana, West Africa.
Bloomfield College Bloomfield, NJ
Program Director Creative Arts and Technology International
Adjunct Professor of Creative Arts and Technology
Raritan Valley Community College Somerville, NJ
Adjunct Professor of Computer Science
Albright College Reading, PA
Assistant Professor of Digital Media
Department Chair of Digital Media
Rhode Island School of Design Providence, RI
Visiting Professor and Critic of Fine Art
Rhode Island School of Design 2002
Master of Fine Arts
Graduate Program Award of Excellence 2001
California State University 1997
Bachelor of Fine Arts